Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Helmet Progress

Well, this didn't take too long to setup. There were a few issues that popped up when applying symmetry, but overall it's working out well.


That's one version down, 3 to go. One for light male, one for heavy male, and one for heavy female. Because of the way weightsliding works (at least in Skyrim), I cannot recreate the model for the heavy versions. Every single vertex must stay the same aside from position. If I so much as change the number of vertices, I'm going to wind up with a porcupine skull ingame (if anything shows up at all).

I think I'm going to make each piece of armor have its own texture instead of one huge texture. Why? 1) Photoshop won't get bogged down as much and 2) The game will only load the textures it needs, not a huge texture for all the pieces (although if the player uses all of the pieces, this is a good thing).

2 comments:

  1. Are you planning the ''Heavy Soldiers Helm''? It's the one with the tassle, it's very 'knightly.'

    All in all great job so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not planning any further armor sets. I'm trying to get the process down first. After that, we'll see. I still want to continue making weapons and, possibly, make my own instead of cloning.

      Delete