Saturday, December 29, 2012

Blood Dragon-ish Armor - Progress 4 - Solid Details


I have most of the basic details for the torso done. The Bioware Dragon will come later as I'll probably trace it as a vector so I can scale it up.

Note to self: Large angles + few polygons = obviously distorted texture. Small angles + too many polygons = obviously distorted texture. See the pauldrons (large angle) and lower hip plates (small angle) for examples.


I mentioned UV Unwrap problems in my last post and, well, they struck again. Look at the center angled rectangles and compare them to their neighbors. They are being rotated counter clockwise and translated until they meet or pass the UVs for adjacent polygons. As that line became progressively smaller, the amount of distortion grew (some UVs even twisted themselves). To correct it, I had to drag each UV vertex to its proper position and delete some stacked polygons (no idea how they were made).

No comments:

Post a Comment