Friday, December 7, 2012

Gauntlet Progress

As mentioned before, Dragon Age's proportions differ from Skyrim's. In particular, female hands.

Dragon Age's female hands are the hands of nobles. Small, dainty, and perfect for soaring through the air en route to a face at Mach 1. So, a tapered, wooden dowel. By contrast, Skyrim's female hands are big enough to grab said face and crush it into Oblivion. In other words, a 2x4.


I can't get away with using the world coordinate system without rotating the camera to really odd angles like I could with the greaves. So, I created splines from edge selections of key areas on the original gauntlets, made spline circles, adjusted radii to match (more or less), and will string them together to create a more manageable shape that I can then instantiate and fit over Skyrim's body models. From there, I'll duplicate the hand, un-subdivide it, and build out geometry as desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment