Saturday, December 8, 2012

Gauntlet Progress 2


The part in blue is the result of the rings from my last post. The wrist cone (Woo! Made up terms!) has 12 dips instead of the original's 13 because the circle splines I created were made with 20 points. I don't know how I got 12 from 20/2, but the geometry is sound, so I'm not complaining.

It has had two MeshSmooth passes: One on the entire object and another on the dips. It is currently 3000 polygons, but I can cut several hundred out in another reduction pass.

The purple hand is from Skyrim. I superimposed the cover from the original gauntlet, cut its shape out, and used a Face Extrude to bring it out a bit. Now is the hard part: fingers. Each knuckle has a raised cover, but I want them to flex properly, so I need to consider how I make them in relation to the joints.

Ideally, I do not want to hide any body parts when equipping this armor ingame because I want to allow mixing and matching with other sets without having Rayman-like gaps between limbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment