Thursday, September 5, 2013

Plain old text post

I've been working on the torso of the armor. Instead of turning the Skyrim female body into quads like I did for BDA, I scaled and translated the original armor, roughly molded a cylinder around the torso, then adjusted it to fit around the Skyrim female body. It's less work, but also lets me keep the polycount down until I want to bump it up.

------------

I'm getting into Unity now. I'm not too thrilled with the brush tools because they're quite limited compared to Hammer and UDK. There's also an acceleration to the 3d view that really slows things down. Sure, I can pan quickly, but I prefer flying through the map (like in Hammer, UDK, CrySDK, and 3ds Max).

Right now, I'm looking at the tools from SixBySeven. They seem to add what I consider missing functionality to the editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment