Wednesday, February 13, 2013

BDA - Almost there

Got the weight scaling sorted. Kind of. The glowing bits had their skin weights reset for some reason. Also, it turns out order matters when it comes to named nodes in the nif. So, when exporting, you need to select multiple pieces in the same order for _0 as you do _1 and vice versa.

I'm tweaking the textures now

The glow should probably be brighter and more saturated

I think I'm going to tweak the skin weights some more. The side plates clipping into the thighs bugs me. There's also the annoyance of the _1 proportions making it nigh impossible for the pauldrons and gardbraces to not clip through each other. There's a happy medium around here somewhere.

Edit:
907MB for the source textures...yikes. The torso's source is 500MB.
When exported to dds, the textures come to 61.8MB. This is what I get for using 2048x2048 and 2048x4096 textures. I do believe a half-res version will be required.

No comments:

Post a Comment