Saturday, July 28, 2012

Commenting issues

Since I've never posted a comment on blogger/blogspot before, I just spent an hour trying to reply to one. I even fired up a linux vm to try it. I didn't do the obvious "try another browser" because I found the solution before I summoned Internet Explorer.

Apparently, I had to enable accepting thirdparty cookies which added about 8 cookies total from productforums.google.com, groups.google.com, and plusone.google.com. I don't know why any of those are relevant to posting a comment when they aren't required to make a post.

It's like they took the comment system and broke it into pieces. Each piece can view comments (i.e. blogger), but you need all the pieces to make a comment. I don't understand why you'd do that. Authentication perhaps? But why can't a blog owner write a comment on his own blog when he's clearly authorized? This is why I'm not qualified to work for Google besides the laundry list of qualifications.

What was the phrase? "Low coupling, high cohesion"

No comments:

Post a Comment