Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Yusaris Greatsword progress, Part 2

I finished the handle details. They added about 3000 polys to the model, but I believe it'll be worth it in the end.


The polycount includes the original model, so it's off by about 810 polygons. I am in an uncomfortable position of having more vertices than polygons. This probably means the model isn't very efficient with its vertex usage, but there isn't much I can do. Most parts can't be welded together and those that can would only create more polys/verts as I try to merge their shapes.

For how far I'm off, this might not be a problem ingame, but it still bugs me. The problem might go away after triangulation as that'll split whatever quads I have left into tris.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for not making the handle as ridiculously long as it was in DA:O. :D

    ReplyDelete