Sunday, March 18, 2012

3D Modelling tutorial progress

The YouTube character modelling tutorial I've been following apparently started back up again this month after a year and a half wait. So, it isn't complete. That was a bit disappointing, but I still got a lot out of it.

The author has a host of other tutorials for me to follow, so I grabbed some on the next section: the head. The head tutorials were going alright, but they were all recorded in one go and ended without a complete head. So, I'm on my own, kind of. I've stopped looking for more tutorials and am using the Joan of Arc tutorial to get an idea of what polygons should go where using the techniques from the video tutorial.



The head tutorial I was watching started with the "bones" of the head (the strips you see for front to back and top to bottom) and ended with connecting them and forming an eye. I've just started on the lips and I'll have to reference the original tutorial for how to do the ears.

I'm still mapping for Portal 2, but I've been doing mod work recently. I could show it, but I'm pretty sure the rest of the team wouldn't be too thrilled about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment